Guides and Diaries of all things Audio, MIDI and Electronics

Saturday, March 13, 2010

Electric Fretless Bass Guitar



I recently completed building an Electric Fretless Bass Guitar, before i started this blog, if i have enough requests i will post a power point presentation (quicktime) of how i did it, fully illustrated of course.

The construction took all of 20 days 3 hours each day.

cost: $50

Parts:

Pickup - $50

Hardware - Salvaged

Timber: 

Bluegum/pine - body

Jarrah - Fingerboard

This beast is a fretless 34" scale (fender)

Music man pickup - still pumps out a bit of hum

I am happy that it was possible to create a custom instrument withing 20 days and only 2 days of planning, However, this is only possible because i built a bass over a year ago which took about 12 months, looked 10000% nicer and was sold a month after i had finished it.

i would like to go back over the bass and fix some of the wiring to eliminate hum, and also get the fingerboard smoother.


2 comments:

  1. Hi, my name is Sparks and I build basses too! I am about to start on my second fretless.
    emsparks55@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, my name is Sparks and I build basses too! I am about to start on my second fretless.
    emsparks55@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete